WolframAlpha is a great search engine for computing answers and getting knowledge . I decided to add it to my lists of search engines that educators need to know about because of its interesting features . WolframAlpha is not , in fact , a search engine but rather a computational knowledge engine . While other search engines index web pages to look for textual matches accompanied by lists of links , WolframAlpha ‘uses built-in knowledge curated by human experts to compute on the fly a specific answer to every query .
Some features of Wolfram|Alphahere are the basic features that underlie WolframAlpha service “
- It is free
- It does not need any login or sign up
- It interprets your input in a smart way and generate appropriate results
- It provides formulas and calculators
- It has buttons and pull-down menues to help you change what is displayed
- It provides pods with links to more information
- It has dog ears for extra information
- It also provides sources , references , and background information for extra links
What can i use WolframAlpha for ?Here are some snapshots of what WolframAlpha creators thought their engine could be used for “
watch this tutorial video to see how you can use Wolfram|Alpha
WolframAlpha : The 21st Century Search Engine .
You might also like :
- Findhow : reliable how-to content for eduacators
- Info Please: a great search engine for educators
- The 21st century search engines educators must be aware of part one...
- 21st century search engines teachers must be aware of part 2...
- 21st century search engines teachers must be aware of part 3...
- 21st century search engines teachers must be aware of part 4...
- 21st century search engines teachers must be aware.of part 5..
- 21st century search engines teachers must be aware of part 6...
- safe search engines for students part1
- safe search engines for students part2
- Find That File : a comprehensive file search web2....