Slatebox is another great presentation and online mind mapping tool . It allows its users the freedom to create as many nodes and maps as possible . It is still in beta and all free now but premium versions are coming soon too .
Some features of SlateboxHere are the main features that Slatebox offers to its users :
- It is partly free
- it is simple to use and has a very user-friendly interface
- It allows you to bed slates and embed them anywhere
- It is reliable and many browsers support it
It lets you Customize your slates : colors, shapes, sizes — from connecting lines to nodes to the backgrounds.
- It does not require any plugins
- It allows you to Embed, enmesh, or simply link to your slates and share them with the world.
How can i get started using Slatebox ?First head over to Slatebox main page and sign up or use one of these account
Click on ‘new slate’ button and select the theme you want
Click on ‘ double click ‘ to choose what kind of node you want
Double click in the empty space to create a node
use the right hand bar to “
- customize the shape of your node
- embed image or video
- select the lines , borders and text
- change the background image , colour and border
click on ‘ collaborate’ to allow collaboration
Once you have finished with your slate click embed button on the top bar
if you want to export it as an image click on ‘ export’ button
Applications of Slatebox in education
Slatebox is a very important tool that we need to introduce to our students .Students can use it to create their own slates and mind maps and brainstorm ideas about a certain topic .They can also work in groups to create slate relating to a given assignment . They can collaborate while they are working on their slates using the collaborative option that slatebox offers . There are many other ways you can think of in which Slatebox can be used in the classroom .
That’s it about Slatebox: a Real Time Diagram Tool .
You might also want to check out these other tools :
- Gliffy : a great diagram software for educators
- Creately : Nice and Free Diagrams in no time
- Bubbl.us : a great Mindmapping and brainstorming tool for te...
- Webinspiration : The instant way to create diagrams
- prezentit : a great presentation software for your students