Update on 29/01/2012
Fridge has been acquired by google and is closed now here is what google said :
ridge is closing up shop, while the product and team are folded into Google+. We look forward to continuing the vision of creating great fresh and exciting social group experiences for users across the web.
Fridge is another website that allows its users to create their own social networks . It is like Twiducate but with more options . I am introducing this tool here because of the importance of social networking in education and how beneficial it is to our students if used in the right way . Fridge lets you have access to a set of useful options that facilitate your online interaction with your group members .
Some features of FridgeHere is a set of the main features that Fridge offers to its users ;
- It is free at least until this moment
- It requires a sign up
- It has an interactive and simple to use interface
- It lets you create your own social networks and invite others to join in
- You can create multiple separate groups using your Fridge account
- You can share photos , videos, messages and events with friends
- It lets you organize all your work in one place
- It allows you to stay in touch with others using the web , email or mobile device
- It lets you create both private and public groups
How can I get started using Fridge ?Head over to Fridge main page and sign in for a free account
Watch this tutorial video to learn more how to use Fridge
Applications of Fridge in educationThe advantages of Fridge in Education are the same as The ones already mentioned in this very same section for Twiducate ; social Neworks in education . I would recommend that you read this section to learn more how to use this and other social networks in education .
That’s it about Fridge; Keep your students fresher